Buyer - indirect spent in Hamina (m/f/d)
We are strengthening our procurement team and currently looking for a Buyer to Prefere Resins Finland Oy, Procurement.
The position reports to Procurement manager in Finland.
Prefere Resins is a leading European manufacturer of phenolic, specialty urea and melamine resins. We also produce high-quality derivatives of methanol-(C1)-chemistry from such as paraformaldehyde, formaldehyde, and hexamethylene tetramine. As one of the global market leaders we supply our customers with a wide range of resins, basic chemical raw materials and additives - quickly and reliably from 14 production sites worldwide.
The Prefere Resins Group employs around 600 people and generates sales of around 550 million EUR. Together with our customers and employees, we constantly invest in new products and technologies for further growth.
As a European market leader in phenolic and amino resins, Prefere Phenolics offer industry-leading expertise in binder technology to our customers in key end-markets – industrial, construction and insulation. We have a broad portfolio of resol and novolac products, produced to customer specifications. We have structured our organization not only on developing and producing state-of-the-art resins, but especially on meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations and requirements.
We are looking for a Buyer - indirect spent in Hamina (m/f/d) with
- Ability to work in close contact with operations with hands on mentality
- Responsibility for the timely and cost-effective tendering and procurement,price negotiations, contracts for agreed consumables, services and investment projects
- Responsibility of budgeting and reporting and the development of a profitable procurement function on this purchasing area, optimization of the procure-to-pay process
- Responsibility for the overall management of the agreed suppliers (SRM) , the order and supply chain, and the warehouse optimazation in accordance with plans
- Responsibility that responsible suppliers are used in procurement which complying the requirements and operating in accordance with the company's quality management system (e.g. complaints, supplier evaluations, etc.)
- Other procurement duties in Group level and by the employer in Finland
We expect from You, for Your benefit are:
- Experience at least 3 years in the field of procurement
- Technical education (bachelor level) or suitable
- Work experience in the chemical or process industry or as project buyer is an advantage
- Good IT skills and project management skills
- Language skills; Finnish, English good, knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Good teamwork, independent working skills, with flexibility and a proactive approach
- Good interaction, problem-solving, decision-making and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel
We offer you:
- Permanent position and diverse tasks in the field of procurement
- Good employee benefits
- Competent and nice colleagues
- The opportunity to develop your professional skills in the chemical industry.
More information on position and applications:
Send applications with CV and salary request to careers.hamina (at) prefere.com by 15th of January 2024. The application process includes personal testing. Starting in the position as agreed.
You will get a versatile job description in northern Europe's largest factory producing phenolic and amino resins, as well as formalin in the port of Hamina area. Our turnover is about 80 M€ and we employ about 75 people. Our company was founded in 1968. We are part of the international Prefere Resins Group. We mainly manufacture products for large industrial companies, mainly in different end-use areas of the construction industry, both for the Finnish and European markets. Read more www.prefere.com
Wir freuen uns auf Ihre aussagefähigen Bewerbungsunterlagen inklusive Ihrer Kündigungsfrist sowie Ihrer Gehaltsvorstellung.