PD chemist (m/f/d)
Hamina - full-time - permanent - current status September 2022
In order to support our Product Development team in Hamina we are currently looking for a
PD chemist (m/f/d)
Prefere Resins is a leading European manufacturer of phenolic, specialty urea and melamine resins. We also produce high-quality derivatives of methanol-(C1)-chemistry from such as paraformaldehyde, formaldehyde, and hexamethylene tetramine. As one of the global market leaders we supply our customers with a wide range of resins, basic chemical raw materials and additives - quickly and reliably from 14 production sites worldwide.
The Prefere Resins Group employs around 600 people and generates sales of around 450 million EUR. Together with our customers and employees, we constantly invest in new products and technologies for further growth.
As a European market leader in phenolic and amino resins, Prefere Phenolics offer industry-leading expertise in binder technology to our customers in key end-markets – industrial, construction and insulation. We have a broad portfolio of resol and novolac products, produced to customer specifications We have structured our organisation not only on developing and producing state-of-the-art resins, but especially on meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations and requirements.
In order to support our Product Development team we are currently looking for a
PD chemist (m/f/d)
The position is located in Hamina (Finland) and reports to our Technology Manager in Finland.
About the job
- Independent planning and implementation of projects with a focus on achieving corporate goals with special consideration of technical, economic, HSEQ and intellectual property aspects
- Versatile product development, analysis and upscaling of resin syntheses, as well as participation in a wide range of internal product development projects in the European region
- Documentation of the work results in electronic form as well as presentation of evaluations internally and externally, taking confidentiality aspects into account
- Independent contact with customers, including travel at home and abroad for technical support in the context of the application area
- Close cooperation with colleagues from other areas and locations of the company
- Production, procurement, sales, customer service and quality management support
- Independent and cooperative laboratory work, operating in accordance with HSEQ guidelines and regulations
- Technical instruction of chemical laboratory assistants in connection with the implementation and evaluation of practical work
- an appropriate university degree in chemistry, e.g. FM, DI, or equivalent
- work experience in similar positions and competence in development projects and projects
- high-level analysis and problem-solving skills
- strong technical, financial and security expertise
- experience in polymer science, adhesive chemistry and various testing equipment, e.g. from rheometry, DSC, NMR, flame retardant ability, material testing (strength characteristics, chemical resistance)
- high level of self-initiative, positive attitude, good cooperation and interaction skills, willingness to travel, fluent communication in English
We offer you
- various tasks in the field of resin product development
- competitive employee benefits
- professional, competent and friendly colleagues
- the opportunity to develop your professional skills in the chemical industry;
Having 14 production sites worldwide we offer you an international work environment with the chance to develop yourself and your career. You will fit into our team when you bring a strong hands-on attitude, the ability to work effectively with people from different cultural backgrounds and the drive and determination to improve things.
You will be employed in northern Europe's largest formalin, phenolic and amino resin production faciility in the port of Hamina. Our turnover is about 80 M€ and we employ about 75 people. Our company was founded in 1968. We are part of the international Prefere Resins Group. We mainly manufacture products for large industrial companies, mainly in various construction industry applications, both for the Finnish and broder European markets.
Send applications including CV and salary request to careers.hamina (at) prefere.com by 25.9.2022.
We interview already during the application period, so apply soon. Starting in the task according to the agreement.
If you are interested in joining us, please let us know why you think you are suitable for this position and please submit your full application including a cover letter, CV, salary expectation and the earliest possible starting date via email to:
You will find more information on:
Prefere Resins Finland Oy
Peter Lingenfelter, Technology Manager
+ 358 50 385 2311
careers.hamina (at) prefere.com